- “mcThings” means the entity mcThings Industries, Inc.
- “Services” means the any and all services and software applications provided by mcThings, including but not limited to, the mcThings API, the mcThings Cloud, mcThings web IDE, mcStudio, mcThings website and any other software services offered by mcThings.
- “You” means yourself and any entities you represent.
- “Products” means both the physical products produced and sold by mcThings, including, for example, the mcMod120, all accessories, any kits such as the Development Kit; and the firmware, provided by mcThings, that is programmed onto certain of these physical products.
- “Third-Party” – includes but is not limited to applications, websites, APIs, software, or hardware that interacts with, uses or connects to any mcThings Products or Services.
- “Website(s)” means any web domains owned, operated, branded or co-branded by mcThings.
How do we collect data?
mcThings collects certain data from visitors to mcThings websites in order to continuously improve and enhance our customer’s experiences. This data is collected via the following methods:
- mcThings stores information in browser cookies. That will help mcThings to collect information about things such as browsing activity, IP addresses and page view order. The cookies that mcThings sets are essential for interacting with mcThings services.
- When You visit mcThings websites, mcThings web servers automatically log typical website analytics data from visitors to our site. This data, which may include details such as browser user agent, IP addresses, site visit length and referral URL, is used for systems administration, detecting use patterns and generally improving customer experience.
- mcThings sees and logs non-personally identifiable data when You use mcThings services. mcThings logs this data in our system and stores it on Third-Party servers.
Information provided by You
When You create an account with mcThings, You provide us with data that includes an email address and password and other data connected to your account. If any of these details change, You may update your account at any time and modify, correct or delete your account details.
You may choose to contribute and interact on mcThings websites including the forum website. All information on the forum website will be public. You will have the opportunity to choose what information (other than Your user name which is not optional) you would like to make public. You may choose whether to display or give out your contact details and other personally identifiable information on the Websites.
When You actively provide information on mcThings Websites, for example when You post, message, mcThings may retain that data for You for later use. This data is stored on secure Third-Party servers.
You may actively provide payment details when purchasing Products from mcThings. mcThings uses a Third-Party secure e-commerce payment system, for direct online sales.
How is data used by mcThings?
Email addresses and any other information supplied by You may also be used by mcThings to respond to emails, phone calls and support requests. In addition, mcThings may use the data that identifies the Product IDs associated with Your account to provide information and technical assistance to You. For example, Your email address and device details may be used to respond to a technical support question that You send to mcThings.
mcThings may collect and create anonymous data by excluding personally identifiable information. mcThings reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties at its sole discretion.
How is the data kept secure?
mcThings takes all measures reasonably necessary to maintain the protection and privacy of personally-identitfiable user information. mcThings adheres to generally accepted industry standards to protect transmitted and received information.
When is data shared?
mcThings may at some point have a third-party or mcThings, process or analyze some of the data we have collected.
When appropriate, mcThings may share data with entities and persons who are actively doing business with mcThings and have entered into a contract with mcThings. A company of this sort will have access to the data generated by individuals who are users of the product created and sold by said company.
mcThings may share aggregated, anonymous data publicly or as described above in section 4.
mcThings will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of mcThings if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of mcThings, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.